“Mirror, mirror on the wall I will put on some makeup and I will slay them all. “
Makeup has always been the main topic for women from all around the world. From ancient times women were interested in self-expression and art and when all the makeup products were not invented yet, women used natural products to highlight their beauty. In today’s world there are thousands of beauty and skin care brands that have the chance to present their products in front of a massive audience on Instagram.
Instagram is a social media platform that in the last few years raised its popularity repeatedly. The app is visited by millions of people from all over the world each and every day which means that Instagram is the perfect place for makeup brands to advertise their products. Instagram is a social platform which mainly focuses on sharing breathtaking visual content in the form of images and videos and statistics show that 95% of beauty brands have already joined Instagram in order to reach more people that can be converted into customers.
Instagram allows brands to go beyond their reach and get discovered by lots of people. Instagram feeds are an amazing place where users can discover new beauty, new products, and ideas and of course beauty hacks that can literally save lives sometimes.
If you are a makeup artist or you are an owner of a beauty brand, you should definitely read this article in order to find out who are the most popular beauty and makeup brands currently on Instagram alongside learning some beauty Instagram marketing tips.
- MAC Cosmetics. In 1984 in Canada Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo founded the cosmetic company Mac, which in the beginning was a cosmetics manufacturer for professional make-up for stage. However, people have been so interested in the products MAC was manufacturing and selling that not long after the company was founded, it started selling products directly to customers all over the world. In 1996 MAC became a subsidiary of another huge cosmetic manufacturer company – Estée Lauder Companies. A MAC cosmetic is well known as a manufacturer of bright colors, palettes, glittery eyeshadow, and super-pigmented lipsticks the company produces. At the moment MAC Cosmetics is followed by 23.4 million people on Instagram and the MAC’s audience is constantly growing every day. As probably all of us know Instagram allows the users to use and create hashtags in order to drive engagement and to increase the traffic and MAC have already created its personal hashtags that help them to build a loyal followers’ base and increase the awareness of their brand.
- NYX Professional Makeup. The cosmetic company NYX was founded in 1999 in Los Angeles and the company is a subsidiary of L’Oréal Cosmetics. NYX manufactures and provides a variety of vegan-friendly products in more than 70 countries all over the world. The company was founded by Toni Ko when she was 25 years old and she took the $250 000 from her parents in order to start the business. 15 years later, in 2014 Toni Ko sold the company for $500 million to L’Oréal.At the moment the company is followed by 14.6 million people on Instagram. Similar to MAC Cosmetics, has created its own hashtag on the social platform and the company encourages its audience to use their #nyxcosmetics hashtags and they can get featured. If you are an owner of a beauty brand, you should definitely think of creating your own hashtag, in order to popularize your brand, which will bring you more followers that you can convert into loyal and engaged customers. You can also increase your following count by buying active followers on Instagram.
- Max Factor. Max Factor is an american cosmetic company that was founded in 1909 by Maksymilian Faktorowicz and he named the company after his son Max. The cosmetic company used to specialize in movie/scene makeup manufacturing but today it is an international company and you can find their products almost in every country around the globe.On Instagram Max Factor is followed by half a million people and you can get easily inspired while scrolling their Instagram feed. The marketing strategy Max Factor uses on Instagram is to encourage their followers to tag the company on their posts and they may get the chance to get featured by Max Factor.
- Lancôme. The luxury cosmetic and Perfume Company Lancôme was found 85 years ago, in 1935 in France by Guillaume d’Ornano and Armand Petit jean. In fact the company is a part of L’Oreal Cosmetics and it offers luxury makeup, fragrances and skincare products. On Instagram Lancôme is followed by 5 million people. Lancôme posts beautiful pictures of women from different races in order to show that every woman in this world has her own unique beauty. The pictures that Lancôme shares receive lots of likes alongside driving engagement. You can also boost your publication by buying real likes on Instagram.
- Fenty beauty. The cosmetic brand Fenty beauty launched in 2017 and the founder of the company is one of the most popular singers in the world – Rihanna. The cosmetic brand is best known for the variety of shades for different skin colors. When it comes to Instagram the cosmetic company is followed by 10 million people and the interest of the audience is really high but of course the fame of its founder contributes to the popularity of the brand.
Since ancient times, women have always been addicted to make up and cosmetic industry in general. Today there are thousands of different cosmetic brands; however the quality of the products is the most important thing. In this article our team have collected some of the most popular beauty brands with proven quality and we hope that following these accounts on Instagram will help you to get inspired and encourage you to use the tactics these brands use in order to gain popularity. You can do this as well, just stay focused and follow your dreams.